OUR SCHOOL IN THE COMMUNITY
In order to prepare our children for their place in our school, local community and the wider world, we participate in a broad range of additional activities which enrich the curriculum. For example:
- Supporting chosen charities each year - Our school and community raise a huge amount of money each year to support a wide and diverse range of charities
- Liaison with local colleges and high schools for the placement of work experience students within the school
- Local religious leaders support collective worship and work in Religious and Values Education lessons
- The Police Schools Liaison Officer supports aspects of the curriculum such as ‘Stranger Danger’ and E-Safety.
- We have regular visits from representatives of health and social services
- Liaison with local comprehensive school to enable a smooth transition from KS2 to KS3
- Pupils enter local competitions.
- There is a school savings bank, and a pupil savings bank.
- The school fetes are open to the community, and the local organisations such as the Fire Service and Police attend.
- We have links with local conservation groups such as the Wildfowl and Wetlands Centre.
- Local churches and chapels are involved in school assemblies.
- The school takes part in concerts in the local area (village halls, churches and nursing homes).
- Pupils regularly visit the locality for geographical, historical and scientific studies.
- The school choir supports local community group by performing at a number of events throughout the year.
- Our Estuary Education Programme is at the heart of our community and our learners welcome local residents and volunteers to join us on our weekly rich learning activities.
Our School Community Notice Board
We have installed a notice board at our school gates which is devoted to our school community. On this board we encourage community groups to place notices which are for the benefit of everyone. If any group would like to place a community notice on this board, please get in touch with us at school and we would be more than happy to help and accommodate.
Secondary School Links
We have very strong links with our cluster comprehensive school and we meet regularly with the staff and senior leadership team to ensure a smooth transition takes place. Listed below is the contact information for the secondary school that most of our pupils attend when they leave Casllwchwr Primary School at the end of Key Stage Two.
However, the list is not exhaustive and some of our children do attend other secondary schools and if you would like information about other local schools please do not hesitate to contact us.
Penyrheol Comprehensive School
Swansea, SA4 4FG